Without communicating your message effectively, you stand to be misunderstood.
Most people never consider how many people are hearing impaired.
Did you know?
• About 20 percent of Americans, 48 million, report some degree of hearing loss.
• At age 65, one out of three people have hearing loss.
• 60 percent of the people with hearing loss are either in the work force or in educational settings.
• While people in the workplace with the mildest hearing losses show little or no drop in income compared to their normal hearing peers, as the hearing loss increases, so does the reduction in compensation.
• An estimated 30 school children per 1,000 have a hearing loss.
New Day Captioning understands that the spoken word often is the most important part of your video program content. We have been involved in program creation for many years. Back in 2002, we started providing Closed Captioning services along with our regular production services. The US government has made Captioning for the hearing impaired mandatory for both broadcasted video and now a large percentage of internet delivered content as well.
With the statistics as they are listed above we have made it our commitment to caption all content that comes out of New Day Media. This includes commercials, web content, and YouTube videos. Not only is this the right thing to do for our hearing impaired community but this gives everything we produce an increase in potential audience reach. Over 100 million Americans rely on Closed Captioning to enhance their television viewing.
This service is an internal part of our operation, but we also offer these services to other production companies who do not have the expertise or experience in house. We have an entire department dedicated to the task of providing professional closed captioning service on a contract basis.
It is our pledge to ensure proper phrasing, spelling, placement, and timing that communicate your program's content fully and effectively. Our attention to detail sets us apart from the competition.
We believe that Closed Captioning is the right thing to do, not just a mandate from the FCC. Our expertise and knowledge of what broadcast television stations want and desire in a captioned program, makes our clients feel good about leaving their program in the hands of New Day Captioning.
Have any questions? Want to learn more about our services and the extent of our CC knowledge? Give us a call at 1-800-834-6606 or use our contact form.